Jul 10, 2009

I'm so happy

and here's the reason why...

This spring, I had tree guy quote the removal of three obnoxious and rather sad trees in my front yard to the reasonable tune of $650. However, it was pretty much a futile exercise because about the only way I could afford it would have been if it was $6.50. Have I mentioned that we have 30 trees in our yard and we cut down 6 last year?

Last week I got a notice that our local electric company would be in the neighborhood to evaluate trees and power lines. That's when the scheming began. None of these trees really come anywhere near the power lines, but they do run under them...

Today he (his name was Eric) was in my yard so I went outside to work on him. As Eric walked through, he mentioned that they would trim (scalp) a silver leaf maple that I love. He told me all the reasons why I shouldn't love it and said that he really wanted to cut it down, but needed my permission. I said I'd have to think about it because so far, it's been a beautiful tree.

When we got to the front, he said he would be trimming one of my offending trees. I batted my eyes and mentioned my woes with the three of them. He said "I tell you what, if you let me take that maple, I'll cut down these three for you too." GOTCHA! "Maybe I could do that" I said. "Will you haul off the wood?" "If you want us to." Eric replied. "Then it's a deal!"

Sweet!!!

(unrelated P.S. I posted pictures of the girls this month but apparently no one noticed them. If you didn't see, scroll on down and catch up)


3 comments:

April said...

That's great! Will you come work on our electric guys because we really want/need these huge nut trees gone.

Marcie said...

Wow, that is awesome! It's so neat how the Lord just works those things out! Thanks for sharing.

Marti said...

My - things are finally happening! Glad you posted. Happy Days!