Jul 13, 2009

Conference Challenge(s)

Remember when you were little and the family all packed into the back of the station wagon and drove for hours and hours to go to another town to go to church! Okay, perhaps that memory is a little specific to me, but I'll bet you have something similar.

Now I don't have a very good memory, honestly, but I have these impressions of conferences. Impressions of excitement to play with old friends; the interest of a road trip and a different schedule; good food (and some bad); and more. I think my favorite part was the neat people we usually got to stay with. The FELLOWSHIP.

When I was little, we went to a lot of conferences. In places like Wichita, Topeka, Dallas, Baldwin City, Oklahoma City, and Guthrie. I would estimate we travelled to at least 3 or 4 conferences per year. This was my dad's idea of a vacation I think. But you know what? Even though I was little, I still remember some of those messages really good points that stuck with me. And, I remember the relationships that our family formed through the travel.

So I have two questions for YOU. Comment, or better yet, blog about it and send us a link in your comment!

1. What is your favorite conference memory?
2. When was the last time you and your family went to another assembly's conference?

More to come on this topic!

1 comment:

marti said...

There was the time I went to a Dallas conf. with Ken Miller. Just being nice of course - Wouldn't you know I came home from that in love. Now that's a conf. I remember! Probably not what your looking for though. ;-)