Mar 17, 2008

First Steps

Elisa is finally walking at 15 months! If I was a good mother, more organized and with more time on my hands, I would have a video or something to share, but I don't. We've been very busy lately and she's keeping up as best she can. It is so cute how excited she gets about walking when we praise her and then next time she's cool as a cucumber. She still can't get to standing without some assistance, so if she falls in the middle of the floor its on her knees until she does.

She is also starting to demonstrate imaginative play and nurturing behavior. I am fascinated by how she does these things without having them shown to her! Last week she found a pacifier in her toybox (she never took it but we've never put it away). She immediately got excited, took it to her doll and put it 'in' her doll's mouth. So cute! Now this is a favorite game for her. Another time I found her in her room making a 'bed' out of blankets for her stuffed animal. The best, however, is when Brandon caught her 'bathing' her doll in the dog bowl. Hmm...don't think we'll encourage that one.

All of this is very exciting to me as I anxiously await her transition from 'baby' to 'big sister'. So glad we finally got to walking before I am too pregnant to carry her everywhere! Hopefully she'll be as loving to a new baby as she is to her doll babies.

On the downside, thanks to everyone at ETBC who suffers through our distracting display of discipline on Sunday mornings! This girl has an independent spirit and sitting through the worship service is not her idea of a good time just yet.

10 comments:

Kari said...

Good job Elisa! How exciting to hear about all your news. I bet you are busier then ever with a 15 month old and another one on the way. How have you been feeling? Do you plan on finding out the sex of your next baby?

Rachel said...

So fun! I love watching new walkers! Austin is just now walking too, and we got to see him on video chat the other evening. Adorable!

About the Sunday morning stuff, it will get better...hang in there!

Marcie said...

How fun that she is walking now! Can't wait to see her show off her stuff.

Shawna said...

It is so fun to see them grow up and learn new things! It is amazing what they learn and are capable of.

Rex and I have been praying for you guys with the church thing. It is hard, but oh so worth it! We are getting ready to start all of that with Miles. I felt like this Sunday's worship meeting was a wrestling match between me and him. In fact when the meeting was over, Rex leaned over and whispered in my ear, ding ding ding! haha! :)

bandanachick said...

We understand about "Sunday morning battles"...Sunday is the hardest day for me.
Like Rachel said Austin has just started walking too. It is SO fun to watch him grow, I just love this stage that they are in.

Michelle said...

How fun! I would love to see some pictures:)

Christina said...

She's going to make a good big sister with all her new baby care skills! She'll MAKE that baby want a paci!

Can't wait to see you guys.

Brandon said...

Michelle said...

How fun! I would love to see some pictures:)

Well ask and you shall receive... just cruse on over to my blog.

bandanachick said...

Congrats on finding out you are having a GIRL! I just read on Brandon's blog...I am so excited for you. Call me soon when you have time, or even if you don't. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting pics Brandon!