Nov 21, 2009

A little about Evelyn

I wanted to post some updated pictures and of course, the most recent ones I could find are from July! Still, something is better than nothing, so these are of Evelyn somewhere around her first birthday which was August 12th. I do have pictures of that (somewhere).
This one is of Evelyn (left) blowing a kiss. The cutie on the right is our neighbor's girl - whose name I will omit out of respect for their privacy. She is about 4 months older than Evelyn and much more mobile. This is a somewhat rare moment of joy between them, but I'm pretty sure they will one day be fast friends if I can keep her parents around. I sure hope so because it is really nice having another mom so close.

Here are some CURRENT things Evelyn is doing at 15 months:
  • Finally crawling up the steps
  • Pulling up on her own (these are both very new)
  • Saying "hap-py" "shoe" "sock" "up" "down" "please" "cheese" "baby"
  • Signing more; please; all done; eat; and drink
  • eating her all her lunch and her sisters' too. the other day she ate an entire Arby's Jr. Roast Beef sandwich
  • Roaring like a lion - for some reason she thinks that's the sound all animals make
  • Singing a lot. She is very musical.
  • Playing mommy with her babies
  • Being generally delightful
I'm so blessed to have her. I have to remind myself to slow down and pay more attention to her sometimes because she is very rarely demanding of it. She and Elisa are starting to entertain each other fairly well which is so nice!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'll have to come visit again so people can get recent pics ;-) She's such a little cutie! She obviously has that second daughter/perfect disposition.

marti said...

I was so amazed to come into the bedroom this morning and find her standing, waiting for me with a twinkle in her eye!