Dec 15, 2008

Baby, its cold outside!

Sunday morning was a decadent 67 degrees here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I wore short sleeves to chapel and didn't bring a coat! I wondered if I would regret this on the way home, but it was still quite lovely outside. Later that afternoon, the temperature dropped nearly 40 degrees in two hours. This morning, the roads were covered in ice! I bundled the girls up before sending them out the door with daddy for grandma's house and then prayed fervently for thier collective safety.

That's Oklahoma for you. A week ago last year hardly anyone around here had electricity or heat. Then again, we haven't had a white christmas in over 5 years. Who knows, perhaps tomorrow it will be warm and sunny again. If not, I'll be thankful for warmth in our hearts as we celebrate God's love by sharing it with others this holiday season.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

We didn't get anything here! Well, I take that back, there was a teeny bit of "ice" on the windshield of our car. I hate Oklahoma weather...

April and I were just saying that it isn't worth being this cold if there isn't pretty snow all around. I love snow. Where is our pretty snow?!

jenica said...

We have a big blanket of snow. But probably won't for Christmas - we're coming your way, but I'm excited for warmer weather.

Sunday was crazy here, too. Walking into church A and I were arguing about who gets to go for a run that afternoon (it was 54).=) Walking out we said to each other "you get to run". By the evening it was 0 degrees, no joke.

Stay safe with the ice!

Christina said...

I'll trade ya some Okie chill for some Florida sun! I'm looking forward to getting to bundle up in a couple of weeks!