Oct 29, 2008

The one I've been putting off

Last time I posted here, we were in the hospital with Evelyn. Praise the Lord for her full and complete recovery! The official diagnosis was 'viral sepsis' which essentially means they have no idea what happenned. In the end, its the outcome that is more important than the diagnosis and my baby seems to be a healthy little girl at this time. Thanks to your prayers, she has not shown any of the side effects the Doctors said we could expect from the narcotis or heavy antibiotics. Thank you so much for each and every rememberance before the Lord on our behalf.

In the meantime, I think I've been putting an update off for two reasons: 1. I've been busy trying to establish a new kind of normal in our household and 2. coming back here takes me back to the hospital, and I'm so glad to be gone. So, to expel those demons, here are some pics...

This picture of Evelyn is about a month old (she's not really cross eyed, I guess we just caught her at the wrong moment). Turns out, while posting this I have discovered that I've been taking picture for the past month with no memory card in the stupid camera! Serves me right. If I had done this sooner I would have discovered it sooner. What a bummer!

However, thanks to the iPhone, not all pictures have been lost. Here is one from that magical device...Evelyn has a ready smile for anytime she catches your eye. It's so precious. This is in the morning, before she's been unswaddled.

And here is one of her big sister...Thank goodness she seems to be growing out of her obsession with TV since there is much less to watch since we cancelled the cable to help offset some of our medical expenses. Nevertheless, as you can see in this one she is still throughly absorbed. Her current favorites are Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My current favorite is anything that gives me a break!
I'll try to be back sooner rather than later, no promises though~ TTFN!!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting these! Mom was just telling me yesterday about Evelyns big blue eyes and her sweet smile. Now I get to see them for myself! She's already such a different baby than the one I kissed goodbye two months ago.

Give them both kisses for me. I hope the girls have a great time tomorrow and that Elisa has fun at the Grandparents house this weekend. Enjoy your partial break!

Jean said...

Grace,
Thank you so much for the update! Praise to the Lord for His wonderful mercies! I'm so glad she is healthy and everything is normal!

Jean

bandanachick said...

Thanks for posting! She is adorable, love that smile!
Have fun this weekend...wish we could be there too. :(
Love you!

Michelle said...

Im so glad you posted!!! Ive missed you...Evelyn is so beautful!